Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Layouts using the November kit!

I have made a couple of layouts using the kit and have altered the mini album that comes with the kit.

The first layout is a fun one about my sweet Basset Hound Audrey and how she loves to stuff her mouth with stuffed "quackers" and whatever else gets in there (i.e. my husbands sock). I layered a bunch of the cool game papers with some of the pattered papers and cut one of the Beadles that I made in half so that it lays flat on the page. Those Beadles are beautiful!!!!


The next layout is one where I used the lyrics from a White Stripes song to document how we had zero trick or treater's this Halloween. I layered many different papers together and used the poker chips to the bottom of the page.


The last photo shows what I did with the mini album made from the Monopoly game board. I ran each of the pages through my sewing machine so that I was able to cut them in half to double the pages. I added extra book binding tape to cover the stitches, but any decorative tape should work if you don't have book binding tape. I attached the velvet ric rac and used a magnet behind one of the wooden bingo pieces to create a closure for the album. It fits perfectly in my purse and makes me smile when I look at it.


Check out the Flickr account for more close-ups. Enjoy!

-elke

No comments: